The Complete Guide for CISA Examination Preparation
- 100% Online, Self-directed
- High Demand for successful CISAs
- 6 Quizzes, 5 Domain Tests
- Full length Graded Tests
Instructors: Richard Cascarino, Jim Kaplan
NASSCOM FutureSkills Ecosystem Partner
CISA is world-renowned as the standard of achievement for IS Auditors. By completing CISA exam, you can
prove your expertise in IS/IT auditing, control and security and be among the most qualified in the industry.
CISA provides a valid and reliable means for enterprises to identify technologists who are competent in incorporating privacy by design into technology platforms, products, and processes, communicating with legal professionals, and keeping the organization compliant efficiently and cost-effectively. CISA proves your team has the technical skills and knowledge it takes to assess, build and implement a comprehensive privacy solution while enhancing business value, customer insights and trust—ultimately improving your organization's image.
Most stringent government regulations, tighter lending standards, and demands for accountability keep IT auditors in high demand globally.
HUGE SUPPLY GAP
Demand for qualified IT auditing personnel far exceeds supply. That means less competition and more pay for highly trained-experts.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment rate for IT auditors is expected to grow by 15 percent over the next 10 years.
This course is aimed primarily at auditors, both internal and external, who are beginning their career in IS Auditing or who wish to understand the complexities and vulnerabilities of computer systems.
- Kick-start or re-ignite your career in the field of Information Systems Auditing by completing this course.
- Learn CISA program from world-class consultants, authors and thought leaders with over 30 years of experience in Risk, Audit, Governance, Forensic, Internal and IT auditing education
- Learn about:
- What is the Exam process? Why take the CISA exam? Who should take the exam?
- What are the six domains of CISA and finally to understand the IT audit process?
- IT Audit Process, Governance of IT, Acquisition, Development & Implementation of IS
- Confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets
- information system operations, maintenance and service management
- Get opportunity to take Full-Length Practice Test and Graded Test to successfully take up CISA Examination
Who should take this course?
- Those who audit, control, monitor and assess an organization’s information technology and business systems - IS/IT auditors, IT compliance managers, chief compliance officers, chief risk and privacy officers, security heads, and security managers.
How can you become CISA?
- You need to register & pass CISA exam conducted by ISACA (https://www.isaca.org/). This course will help you to pass CISA exam.
- You need to apply and get certified at ISACA (https://www.isaca.org/credentialing/cisa/get-cisa-certified) for which you:
- Must have passed the CISA Exam within the last 5 years and must be an auditor regardless of any type or non-auditor who is responsible for the internal controls or in evaluating certain operational controls.
Note: Your experience must be verified by your employer with this experience having been gained within the ten year period prior to the date of application or within five years of passing the CISA examination.
- Basic knowledge of computers and IT-infrastructure
This Module will cover what the CISA exam is? what is the Exam process? why take the CISA exam? who should take the exam? What are the six domains of CISA and finally to understand the IT audit process?
By the end of this part of the course the attendees will be able to:
- Understand CISA, What is it, and Why bother
- Understand the Five Domains:
- The IS Audit Process (21%)
- IT Governance (16%)
- Information Systems Acquisition, Development, and Implementation (18%)
- Information Systems Operations, Maintenance, and Support (20%)
- Protection of Information Assets (25%)
- The IT Audit Process
This module will cover all the guidelines, standard and best practices to be
followed in the IT Audit process.
By the end of this part of the course the attendees will be able to Understand the IT Audit Process:
- Audit Risks
- Business Process System
- Control Principles
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Velocity
- Corporate Control Environment
- Auditing the Internal Control Framework
- Audit Techniques
- Data analysis
- Seeking Anamolus Data
- System Modules
This module will cover on How Governance of IT can be done? How requirements like structure, Policies, accountability and practices are used in corporate governance of IT.
By the end of this part of the course the attendees will have an in-depth knowledge of:
- Governance and Management of the IT Function
- Objectives of IT Governance
- IT Strategy committee and Main Concerns
- Strategic Planning
- IT Balanced Scorecard
- Enterprise Architecture
- Quality with ISO 9001
- Performance Optimization
- IS Auditor & IT Governance
- Security Organization
- Compliance Function
- Security Management Functions
- IT Project Management
- Time Box Management
- Project Quality Control
The module will cover – how to meet the organizational objectives , it is important to provide assurance on management practices for development/acquisition, testing , implementing management and disposal of system.
By the end of this part of the course the attendees will have an in-depth knowledge of:
- Introduction to Acquisition, Developments and Implementation of IS
- Cloud based System Acquisitions
- System Development Models
- Prototyping and RAD
- Overview of Development Organization
- Overview of Project Management
- Overview of Business App
- Overview of Development Tools (IDE)
- Overview of Testing Techniques
- Implementation and Migration
- Problem Management
This module is designed to provide the participants with in-depth knowledge of process which is required for information system operations, maintenance and service management which helps to meet the organization’s strategies and objectives.
By the end of this part of the course the attendees will be able to understand
- IS Operations Maintenance and Support
- IT Acquisitions
- ITIL/ITSM Overview
- IS Operations Review
- Scheduling Review
- Problem Management Reporting Review
The module will cover – the organization’s policies, standards, Procedures and controls to ensure the confidentiality ,integrity and availability of information assets.
By the end of this module, participants:
- Will be introduced to what are protection of information Assets
- Understand the Key elements of Information Security Management
- Identify inventory and classification of Information Assets and System Access permission
- What are the possible Threats
- Understanding of complete standard Encryption
- Identify and understand the viruses ,its types and virus protection
- Understand the Safegaurd objectives
- Will know what are non-public customer information (NPI)
- Understand the Identity theft ,its implications ,recovery and preventions
- How one can do the risk reassessment
- Understand the complete flow of assessment
- Understand the information security management (ISM) in length
- How one can prepare for the examination
CISA Full-Length Practice Test, which will be similar to the CISA Examination. Students can take these tests any number of times to get hands on.
Richard Cascarino, CIA, CISM, CFE is a consultant and lecturer with over 30 years’ experience in Risk, Audit, Governance, Forensic, Internal and IT auditing education. He is a principal of Richard Cascarino & Associates. He is a regular speaker to national and international conferences and has presented courses throughout Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the USA.
He is the author of the books “Internal Auditing-an Integrated Approach”, “Auditor’s Guide to Information Systems Auditing”, “Corporate Fraud and Internal Control: A Framework for Prevention” published by Wiley, and the book “Data Analytics for Internal Auditors”. He is also a contributing author to the Governance section of Finance: The Ultimate Resource and is a frequent speaker at IIA, ACFE and ISACA courses and conferences.
Richard Cascarino was the chairman of the Audit and Risk Committee of the Department of Public Enterprises in South Africa and served as chairman of the Audit Committee of Gauteng cluster 2 (Premier's office, Shared Services and Health). He is also a visiting Lecturer at the University of the Witwatersrand
He is a Past President of the IIA – South Africa and founded the African Region of the IIA Inc. He is also a member of the Board of Regents for Higher Education of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. He is a member of the Board of Regents (Higher Education) for the ACFE.
Jim Kaplan CIA CFE was President and Founder of AuditNet®, the global resource for auditors which is now acquired by Workiva. Jim is a highly accomplished Internal auditor and audit manager with 26 years of progressive experience with solid background utilizing internal audit standards and audit procedures and techniques. He is recipient of the IIA’s 2007 Bradford Cadmus Memorial Award. Jim Kaplan is an Author of “The Auditor’s Guide to Internet Resources” 2nd Edition.
Specialties: As a writer, journalist, educator, lecturer and dedicated local government auditor, Jim has promoted and encouraged the use of technology and the Internet for audit productivity.
- Online using desktop, laptop or mobile devices
- Learn at your own convenient time, and pace
- Video lectures delivered from a cloud LMS platform
- Quizzes are given remotely
- Case studies for the reinforcement of the learning
- 5-6 weeks, around 8 hours per week, or a total of 40-48 hours
- Rolling enrolment allows you to start any time. The duration can be aligned to your requirements